Thursday, June 11, 2009

You Stay Classy San Diego! Pt 2

DAY 2

Saturday began around 11am. Hey! Don't make fun we were DRAINED!!!! We skim about the internet to find our next lunch destination. It so happens to be BUCA DI BEPPO.

Here we find a great Italian menu. We order some fabulous pasta dishes I go for the classic Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Britte has a great dish of Chicken Parmesan.

We decide to order some delicious garlic cheese bread and when it gets to our table we realize it has HUGE chunks of garlic in them. So we proceed to peel back the cheese and take out some of the garlic. Well I couldn't handle just the bread and needed a side of marinara or something to compliment it. So I asked our server for a side of their marinara and she said "sure I'll bring it right out". Britte and I waited, and waited, and waited for the marinara to come out. Then it arrived in all it's glory. I took one look and said, " how much is THIS gonna cost me!?" this was no ordinary "side" this was a Bucca Di Beppo "side". The picture says it all. as Britte would say yes this was "...the small side we used to ‘up’ the tomato in all of our other food, take leftovers home and feed a third world country”.

Then we get to the dessert part of our meal and we find the most amazing description of chocolate cake: "Double Dark Chocolate Cake: Moist dark chocolate cake with layers of rich chocolate frosting on top of our sinful chocolate Sambuca sauce." yeah we ordered it without skipping a beat! Then our server (Lauren) asked, "you want the single portion right?" We responded with what I'm sure were two ridiculous expressions on our face. When the cake came out we realized that 'small' is not an option at this place. Needless to say the cake was absolutely delish!


As we were getting ready to leave Lauren asked what the occasion was and we told her we were just visiting. She gave us a couple otions and then offered us discount tickets to a club where her boyfreind was the opening DJ for DJ Bunny. Britte grabbe the ticket
s and we both looked at each other like a couple 14 year olds who just got back stage passes for a backstreet boys concert. We paid our tab and headed out the door.

We proceeded to do some shopping. We stopped at several stores with not much enthusiasm for what we saw. San Diego is not like going to Mexico or Hawaii where there are completely different stores and items to buy that there are at home. We walk all the way down past the mall where we found a 'park' if you will. Pantoja Park. But this wasn't your ordinary let's-play-on-the-swings kinda park. This was the let's-get-your-daily-hit-of-coke-from-the-black-guy-in-the-hoodie kinda park. Scary stuff! We walked wuickly back to where ever it was that we were going. We finally made it back to 5th street and were thinking about dinner.

We ended up back at the Irish Pub for dinner. Here we met someone that changed the rest of our trip. Tayloe Dieli. She will be one of the most memorable servers I have ever had!

I wasn't sure what to have because I wasn't the hungriest tiger in the cage. So I asked for a salad and Britte ordered a tomato basil mozzarella salad. I wanted to get some liquids in my system after all the walking so I ordered a water, Tayloe was a quick one and came back with "let me guess you want lemon for your water?" We all laughed then I got serious and said "yes. Why not just put a whole lemon in the cup cause I will need a few." We jsut laughed it off and waited for our food. I will NEVER forget what Tayloe brought out. Yes you guessed it, or amybe you didn't, it's ok I still love you. When I heard the tap on the table from the glass which I assumed was mine I turned to find a large lemon sitting inside a cup with water. The laughter was insane! Tayloe had just earned the oscar for best supporting actress in a comedy. I couldn't help but get a picture of this amazing work of art. Talk about taking me seriously! Hahahahahaha!

It was the beginning to a VERY eventful night. We met many interesting people most of which were not american. We went dancing with some british blokes and lost one to the perils of the men's restroom. One reminded me of Nick Lachey and the other of Hugh Grant. Interesting combo. Wiskey Girl look so different in the day time. LOL. We eventaully ventured out to the streets seeing as last call was 1am. I thought we were out of Utah?! Oh well! We ran into a man from sweden and his two buddies which were very rude to us. One who powdered certain areas of his body to replace other items of clothing. AWKWARD. We let them leave and went about talking to a man who claimed to be from Sandy, UT and talked to me for a good 30 min about his life struggles. Again AWKWARD. Finally we went back to the hotel after our failed attempts to find a killer after party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.