Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The indecisive fears of a relationship

There is a song called "The fear you won't fall" by Josh Radin. It pretty much talks about the fears of falling in love.. and how scary it is because you never know if the other person will fall back. Well I was recently listening to that song and wondering about all the other items that are to be feared in the beginnings of a relationship that may not be addressed. Things such as when it's "ok" to say I love you, meeting to the parents of your significant other for the first time, when it's "expected" to give a present for holidays and special occasions, and many more things that are so completely not discussed between the couple most of the time.

So... I just thought I'd make a list of the things that I feel are personally not discussed enough but aren't a deal breaker either...well most the time. So here they are (in no particular order):

  • When it's ok to kiss
  • When do you say "I Love You"
  • Moving in together
  • Meeting each others parents
  • When to bring up living arrangements
  • When to talk about kids
  • How many times should you go out
  • Who drives, who pays
  • When is it ok for the woman to pay for things
  • If distance is involved who moves closer to whom or is it a mutual thing
  • What holidays are spent with family
  • If kids are involved when should they be introduced
  • How often should you hang out and where
  • What is unacceptable as far as etiquette
Those are just a few of the many items that intrigue me personally....who knows what types of relationships this falls under. Everyone is different but I think the issues stay the same, for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.